Flex Belt Review | The Ab Toner
Who doesn’t want to have a fabulous figure? We are a generation that has grown up watching toned up actors and actresses on TV and movies, and we aspire to be like them. And why not, one may ask? There are no disadvantages to having an awesome figure and only benefits; both in terms of appearance, impression, and health. We want to be fit not just to please people but to feel the amazing self-confidence that stems from that, and to have a positive body image.
And there is no such thing that mars a beautiful personality more than an overhanging belly. Of course, every endeavor needs time and energy. Being a part of the fast-paced modern world has left no time for people to devote on exercising and their health. Getting to the level of fitness we want is no mean feat, no walk in the park. It takes years and rigorous efforts to get to that point.
So why not avail a product that can expedite your journey towards a healthy body. One such revolutionary product is the Flex Belt. This is an ab toning belt that you can wear on your abs on the go, and let it do the work. Whether you are cooking, cleaning, or working at your desks, you can wear the abdominal toning belt with ease.
What Is The Flex Belt?
The Flex Belt uses an EMS (electric muscle stimulation) that has been cleared by the FDA for the consumer market. As the name suggests, this medical grade technology exercises the muscles of your abs to tone the central abdominal muscles for that flat stomach that everyone dreams of. It is manufactured by a company based in Galway, Ireland which specializes in medical devices, particularly electronic stimulators and has been doing this for 40 years.
How Does It Work?
There are gel pads on the ab toning belt which send signals to the nerves, and hence to the muscles in that region, not just the ones under the belt, which cause them to relax and contract just like they would if you were working out in a gym. This means that you will have a pulsating sensation while wearing the belt. The intensity of the pulsation depends on the intensity you have chosen because this belt has a range that goes from 1 to 150. The EMS will help you strengthen your stomach muscles while burning belly fat.
Needless to say, you should start out with the lower level and as you get used to it, you should go up to higher levels. You will feel the same level of soreness and muscle fatigue as you would after exercising at the gym, therefore you should take it easy at the start. 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week is the recommended usage.
In a gym where you when you start you do light exercises, and then slowly work your way up to more strenuous, sustained workout, the same principle applies to the Flex Belt. So don’t wear yourself out in the first few days only.
The EMS technique is commonly used by athletes, sports scientists, therapists and actors alike. Therefore it is used not just for training but also rehabilitation and recovery. The gel pads are of medical grade. It has ten different programs (by varying the impulse patterns) that you can try out at your leisure. The starting program is the basic one, moving onto more challenging programs as you progress. Why is this essential? This is due to a concept called muscle confusion. As you keep repeating a set of exercises, your muscles get used to it and it stops feeling like a workout. In order to keep the muscles challenged, it is important to vary the exercise pattern. A significant amount of research goes into these products to make them effective. The level goes from light to moderate to strong.
Why is this essential? This is due to a concept called muscle confusion. As you keep repeating a set of exercises, your muscles get used to it and it stops feeling like a workout. In order to keep the muscles challenged, it is important to vary the exercise pattern. A significant amount of research goes into these products to make them effective. The level goes from light to moderate to strong.
The video below shows you what comes inside your Flex Belt package.
Benefits of Using the Flex Belt
- As mentioned above, you can work your muscles out on the go, while in your office, lounging around, and even while watching television. It is designed for everyone and has been endorsed by many health freaks and review forums alike.
- When all the muscles are exercised at the same time, you do not need to do sit-ups and crunches to achieve the same effect.
- It targets the specific muscles to achieve the desired effects, therefore, people who for some reason or the other cannot perform strenuous exercise can easily avail the opportunity. This includes people with disabilities, or those people who cannot exercise due to back problems, injuries etc.
- There is a 24-month warranty enclosed with this ab toner Moreover, if you feel this product is not for you, you can refund the full amount if you return it within 60 days.
- The electric pulses will reduce the fat in your tummy, and fat in this region is destructive to health and a cause of heart diseases. Therefore, you are eliminating your cardiovascular disease-related risks by opting for the abdominal toning belt.
- The manufacturers guarantee quick results and this claim is augmented by countless positive reviews. It will give you the strength and toning without intense, repetitive movements as in conventional exercising methods.
- The belt is lightweight and is therefore not a burden on you.
- You can be assured that this is not a gimmick to rob you out of your hard-earned money. It is clinically proven to show results within a week. A 6-week study alone showed all users reporting toned and firmer abs and what better recommendation do you want than that of the famous actress Denise Richards. On their official website, an avid Denise Richards describes how she conveniently uses the belt while reading her scripts, and has witnessed the toning she wanted.
- You don’t have to try out diverse exercises to aid different areas of your abs. this is one problem that is faced by many regular gym goers. That they have to try out twenty different types of exercises targeting special muscles. Rather; all muscles are exercised at once through the electric pulses sent out by the gel pads.
- The symbols and controls on this device are quite easy to read, which is why the device is easy to set up. The auto shut off timer enables the device to automatically shut down after your program has ended to save up on the battery.
Flex Belt Reviews & Complaints
The first question everyone wants to know is: is the Flex Belt a scam? Most negative reviews focus on the fact that no free trial period is given, therefore you have to buy the product to test its efficacy. Well, that shouldn’t be an issue as you can get a full refund if you want to return the product within 60 days of purchase. However, the money back offer is only made available for orders placed through the official website, not through resellers and other stores. Therefore, it is in your interests to purchase the Flex Belt through the official website.
As for positive reviews, women after childbirth have favored the use of the product. That stubborn stomach pouch that remains even after workout eliminates fat from the rest of the body, could only be dealt with through Flex Belt. Of course, it will get rid of the extra fat but not the extra skin on your body that is present after childbirth.
Likewise, other people have also reported seeing benefits within a few weeks after sustained use of Flex Belt. They have exclaimed how their spouses also borrowed their belt after seeing the amazing results. Yet another user said that the machine is ‘effective’ and another said it is a ‘good exercise for the body’.
Furthermore, because of the warranty, you can get it repaired anytime should a problem arise. People have also reported having good customer service from the manufacturers.
Perhaps the most satisfying review is that made by Dr. John P. Porcari, Ph.D., who has done extensive research on EMS devices in general, and the Flex Belt in particular. One such research has been published in the Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2005), which focused on people using the belt for 5 days a week, 20-40 minutes per session (which is the recommended usage). His study found that the belt was not only expedient in reducing the waist girth by a significantly measurable quantity, it also leads to increasing their abdominal strength and firmness. This is a great way to get a flat stomach. Furthermore, some felt that because of the reduction of their belly, their posture also improved. Now just imagine what wonders it would have worked on the personality of these people!
The Flex Belt can is available in the market for $199.99, which means $200. However, significant savings are incurred on making bulk orders. Ordering two belts save you $50, 3 belts save you $100, and so on. So it is better that when you are ordering one for yourself, you should ask any friend or family member if they want it too! You also get a Flex and Fitness magazine free with the product. Every once in a while, they’ll have a coupon for you to use.
By ordering the product, you will receive:
- A bag carrying the essential items
- The AC wall Charger
- A quick start guide to get you started
- The Ab belt
- An extender belt which may or may not be used; depending on your physique.
- Two ab gel pads
- One stomach gel pad
- A more detailed instruction book to guide you on the usage of the belt
- The electronic controller, which needs to be charged before you get started. The charging does not exhaust soon. A user reported that charging it once lasts him for about 4 sessions 30 minutes each
Precautions When Using the Flex Belt
The following people must consult their physician before using the belt to be on the safe side:
- People having a bad back
- People having any serious illness or injury that could lead to adverse effects from using the belt
- People who have recently had a surgical procedure performed on them
- If a young child wants to use it
- People who have diabetes and take insulin
- People who have muscle or joint problems must consult their physician
- People who are undergoing therapy and want to include Flex Belt as part of their rehabilitation program.
- You have cardiac pacemaker or any electric implant in your body which the Flex Belt could interfere with.
Of course the product is very much safe for use; otherwise, it wouldn’t have achieved FDA approval. EMS technique is not really new. It is being used for decades in the medical community. It all comes down to the quality of the technology being used, and Flex Belt, though pricey, promises to deliver superior quality, well-researched product. The bottom line is, better be safe than sorry! First carefully read the manual to ensure that you do not fall in the category of people who have been told to avoid using the product. If you’re still unsure, ask a qualified professional and/or physician.
Flex Belt vs Slendertone
Flex Belt is said to be the better ab toning belt as compared to others in the market. Users prefer Flex Belt to Slendertone belt because its range is greater. The Flex Belt goes from 1 to 150 while Slendertone is limited from 1 to 100. This is true even though Flex Belt itself is manufactured by Slendertone, which is owned by Bio-Medical Research Limited, a company of good reputation that is supported by clinical evidence and trials.
Furthermore, the FDA itself warns against using any brands that are marketed illegally without their approval. This is because their safety cannot be determined as they haven’t undergone the scrutiny of a regulatory authority. It’s not just about effectiveness, but also about electrical safety in terms of cables and leads, as well as the fact that the claims made by the manufacturer need to be proven as genuine. Otherwise, any scammer can make false claims about their product. The bottom line is that the Flex Belt with its electrical muscle stimulation works, and you will get a six pack from using it.